Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa – Cash Solutions
Package Description: Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash In Transit Driver
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a CIT driver based at our operations in Richards Bay.
Reporting to Tactical Support Officer, the CIT Driver is responsible for engaging in the guarding and handling of cash, valuables, securities and negotiable documents in transit between various areas, drives a vehicle in the performance of any or all of his duties
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Maintain Vehicle standards and comply with company equipment and vehicle procedure
- Receives and signs for all equipment (Firearm, holster, lanyard, ammunition, identity card and vehicle keys) from Armory and returns all equipment at the end of the day
- Check that all equipment is in an effective working order
- Comply with procedures on Company uniform and protective equipment.
- Conduct vehicle audit with vehicle check-list before commencement of duty
- Report minor defects to artisan and report major defects to TSO before commencement of duty and record and maintain a vehicle log book for action.
- Re-fuel vehicle at the commencement of duty to ensure that its ready for the next shift
- Responsible and accountable for all technology and and equipment used in the vehicle
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle(washed daily)
- Inspects vehicle on completion of duty to ensure that there are no boxes/ Stoploss Bags or other items left behind in the vehicle inadvertently
- Check for unauthorized persons or property to be carried on the vehicle
Drive vehicles responsibly and recording of accidents and incidents
- Obtain scheduled route trip from the planner, no deviation allowed from planned route
- Drive in a responsible manner in order to portray a professional attitude and to obey safety rules and regulations
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring PDP license is valid and current
- Obey all traffic regulations
- Report all traffic incidents to the BSO
- Behave in a courteous manner towards any member of the public involved in the accident or incident to maintain a good company image. Do not make any admission of guilt, admin negligence or make any promise to have repairs done.
- Report in writing all relevant details pertaining to the accident in the branch
- Report all accidents to SAP and or traffic department
- Comply with vehicle operating instructions to ensure that no other persons not in possession of necessary driver qualification is allowed to drive the company vehicle
- Operate a radio in a vehicle
Preform control function of scheduled trips and Security Drills
- Perform radio check with control prior to departure from the branch in the morning
- Reports to control immediately when the vehicle becomes immobilized or is likely to become immobilized
- Comply with instructions given to ensure that company codes are adhered to and precautions are taken to protect crew and load
- Reports to control on all arrivals and departures at the branch and client destinations, and also “off air” and “on the air” occurrences
- Carries out operational security drills and maintains security awareness and vigilance to all armed banking operations
- Takes preventative action if any suspicious activity is noticed (report to control room)
- Takes direct action in the event of an armed or unarmed attack against colleagues, client’s or company and report incident to the control room.
- Do not assist crew in the loading and unloading of security devices and Stoploss Bags
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Code 10 driver’s licence
- Grade 10
- CIT Certificate
- Grade C PSIRA
- Firearm Competency
- PDP Licence
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- knowledge of G4S policies and procedures
- Knowledge of concepts, theories and principles of Safety, Health, Risk, quality and environment
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations codes and by-laws in transportation
- Knowledge of G4S business ethics policy
- Prepare vehicle for transportation
- Operate a vehicle for transportation
- Complete vehicle inspection and accident /incident reports
- Economic driving skills
- Technical skills on vehicle
- Operate technology on vehicles
- Delivering objectives
- Supporting and working with others
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.