Full Job Description
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
British American Tobacco South Africa is currently lookikg for a Sales Representative to join our team in East London.
The Sales Representative role is responsible for providing BATSA with a competitive advantage, ensuring that our portfolio of brands is available in the right place, in the right quantities, at the right time.
Reports to: Territory Manager
Location: East London
Contract type: Permanent or fixed term
If you have the talent and motivation to succeed, you’ll find that BAT is equally committed to helping you reach your full potential
Go on, submit your application and we will reach out to you once the opportunity matching your profile is available.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Achievement of managing data accuracy, territory & financial assets efficiently.
- Achievement of product visibility, retailer engagement and investment targets.
- Achievement of product availability & quality, minimum out of stock status and distribution targets.
- Ensure outlet database maintenance is performed bi-weekly and 100% accurately across current and new outlets registered.
- Ensure an efficient and safe usage of company’s assets such as vehicle, product, merchandising materials, IT equipment and supporting tools meeting the company’s EHS & security policies.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports & present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to clients
- Plan daily route visits based on assigned visit activities and objectives, in line with agreed customer expected visit times
- Consistently driving support across team/s with the intent of growing as a leader across people and business leadership capabilities
- Achievement of product availability & quality, minimum out of stock status and distribution targets
- Prospecting new outlets that sell Factory Manufactured Cigarettes (FMC) within designated territory in order to reclaim volume through Direct Store Selling (DSS) aligned to minimum Average Weekly Purchase (AWP)
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Matric/Grade 12 qualification (preferably in Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain) with a minimum of 1-year previous experience in the sales environment
- Experience in FMCG represents an advantage
- Owning a valid Driver’s license is a MUST
- Negotiation and managerial skills required, along with communication skills
- The person should be tech-savvy and able to work with new technologies
- Effective relationship building skills
- Strong commercial understanding
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of crafting A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most balanced companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
BATSA is an equal opportunity employer and is BBBEE Level 4 certified. When appointing potential candidates, we will take into consideration the company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets.