Head of TikTok Content Operations – SSA
As Head of Content Operations for Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) you will build a world-class team and partner with the GM of MENAT and other regional heads to build the vision and strategy for the Sub Saharan and South Africa market on the TikTok platform.
Considering the framework and philosophy of TikTok METAP, SSA, and South Asia, you will establish the value proposition for Sub Saharan and South Africa and work with the regional sales, product, PR/comms, marketing, programming, business development, and policy teams on ways we can support, innovate and effectively grow our content ecosystem in this market. You will also track, manage and report on our content partnership ecosystem and its impact on the platform.
The successful candidate will have a background in developing creator communities and the entrepreneurial experience to build a team from scratch across multiple functions with minimal oversight. You also have the instincts to understand and implement new content formats that drive explosive audience engagement. Having a track record of bringing content ideas to life – preferably through social platforms, the latest apps and tools is preferable but not mandatory.
1. Develop and implement content operations strategies that foster audience growth and creation across the region
2. Through mentorship and data-driven decision making, develop your partnerships, programming, and music team to flawlessly execute against project‑based and long‑term company targets.
3. Foster a culture of collaboration amongst your team and with other TikTok departments to build the most successful creator population possible
4. Deliver best-in-class cross-functional collaboration relationships and process management across TikTok teams locally and internationally
5. Create impact by identifying market trends, brainstorming aspirational ideas, and engaging with the right partners to match their strengths with TikTok’s unique needs.
6. Ensure top creator partner needs are met to create positive, long‑term relationships.
7. Promote a culture of creativity that supports and enables creators, publishers and artists and enables them to pursue their creative freedom on TikTok
8. Identify areas for improvement and evangelize creator partner management workflow by facilitating alignment and efficiency through data driven methodologies.
1. Our Ideal Candidate has 10+ years of experience in digital media, creator partner management, content development, multi-channel programming, planning, and/or production strategy.
2. Experience working with online communities in building and facilitating content creation
3. Experience building, managing, and inspiring fun, collaborative, and efficient teams
4. Demonstrated ability growing site and/or platform visitors, exceeding traffic and viewership goals
5. Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and meet deadlines in a fast‑paced, startup environment
6. Cutting‑edge understanding of current social media platforms and trends and the ability to create content that performs against KPIs
7. Conceive and implement new content ideas and formats that are backed by the wealth of data and insights that TikTok’s machine learning tools provide.
8. Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities