The Foschini Retail Group (TFG) seeks to hire a Trainee Mechatronics Engineer, with a BTech in Mechatronics. This position is based in Gauteng.
Trainee Mechatronics Engineer
The TFG Graduate Programme is designed to help you make a smooth transition from campus into the world of work. You will engage with various individuals and teams in the business who will share their experience, knowledge, passion and purpose, to help you successfully complete the structured training programme.
The Engineering department of TFG’s Logistics Division’s main focus is to implement and support world class engineering solutions to enable TFG Logistics Division reach its strategic objectives.
- Maintaining all mechanical and electrical equipment in and around the Distribution Centre (DC) through preventative and corrective maintenance. Assets include fork trucks, conveyors, PLCs, RF scanners, printers, compressors, dock levellers, racking to name a few.
- Communicate with DC management on any changes in operational capability of all the DC materials handling equipment.
- Assisting with the installation of material-handling equipment, electrical and DC systems equipment.
- Mobility management – this includes the setup, configuration and maintenance of all mobile devices used in conjunction with DC operations, i.e. RF scanners & mobile printers.
- Management of printers– this includes the setup, configuration and maintenance of all label printing equipment as per the DC operations and the associated IT & hardware components required to integrate label printing into the WMOS environment.
- Industrial Automation – this includes the setup, configuration and maintenance of all automation systems employed as part of the operation of TFG Logistics.
- Basic IT Support – resolving basics issues relating to DC systems that require a desktop or other form of PC as part of their operation (i.e. Vision System, SCADA).
- Inventory management of tools and spares.
- Projects management.
- A BTech in Mechatronics Engineering
- A valid driver’s licence (essential)
- The ability to work with and handle tools and machinery
- The ability to perform heavy physical duties
- A strong service-orientation, high energy levels and a strong sense of urgency
- Advanced problem solving, judgement and self-management skills
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- To confidently influence and persuade at all levels
- Computer Literacy [MS Word and MS Excel (intermediate level) and MS Project]
- Sound accuracy, attention to detail and be methodical
- The ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Resilience and emotional maturity to work through a highly structured and pressurised development programme
- To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
How to Apply:
Closing Date: Not specified