Closing Date: 2 February 2018
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned positions in the Packaging Department, at Nederburg in Paarl. The successful incumbent will report to the Production Controller. Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- General cleaning of machines and production area
- Maintain effective housekeeping and safety procedures
- Assist in all duties as instructed by the Production Controller
- Assist with change-overs
- Assist with process control and quality on line
- Operate machines from time to time
- Record keeping
- Actively participate in all Mini Business activities
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 qualification
- NQF3 qualification will be advantageous
- Relevant work experience within an production/bottling environment will be advantageous
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of safe working procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours and shifts/CWW (Compressed Working Week)
- Have reliable transport to and from work
- Be customer focused
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Distell: General Worker Opportunities January 2018
REF: ARMY/52/17/04 SALARY : R90 234 per annum. Level 2
CENTRE : 3 SAI Battalion, Northern Cape.
REQUIREMENTS : A minimum of Grade 10 or ABET Level 1 – 4. Special requirements (Skills needed): Ability to communicate effectively (verbal) in English. Must be physically healthy.
DUTIES : Perform cleaning related duties in offices and other facilities as determined by Supervisor (i.e. sweeping, vacuuming, window cleaning, dusting, polishing furniture and floors). Clean ablution facilities. Report any defects in the work place to immediate supervisor.
ENQUIRIES : Maj. M.B. Moratiwa / WO1 P. Lambert, Tel: (053) 830 3528.
APPLICATIONS : Department of Defence, South African Army, 3 South African Infantry Battalion, Private Bag X5056, Kimberley, Diskobolus 8325.
ADMIN ASSISTANT: TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND OFFICE OF THE CEO (2) POSTS REF NO: MISA/AA: TECH SUPP/38 SALARY : R183 558 – R 216 216 per annum
CENTRE : Misa Head Office, Centurion
REQUIREMENTS : A senior certificate and appropriate experience in office management and administration. Core Competencies: Quality of Work, Reliability, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal Relations, Team work, Planning & Execution Technical competencies: In depth knowledge and understanding of: Office management and administration, Secretarial functions, Office administrative system, Computer literacy.
DUTIES : The successful candidate will perform the following duties: Provide registry services: Maintain the efficient filling system and flow of documents in the unit: Receive and distribute documents, Record documents in the appropriate registers, Establish effective document tracking system, Provide secretarial support services: Arrange and prepare documentation for meetings/workshops, Compile meeting minutes/report, Administer the diary of the supervisor ,Arrange appointments and record events in the diary, Promote effective diary coordination in an electronic or manual format. Provide administrative support services: Arrange logistics and related activities for travel, meetings, workshops and conferences, Purchase and order stationery and equipment, Coordinate assets and inventory within the unit, make copies, fax and email documents as required.
ENQUIRIES : Mr. Mongi Khanyile Tel: (011) 704 2863
APPLICATIONS : Applications must be e-mailed to: email@example.com
NOTE : Candidates should therefore possess managerial skills on different levels of proficiency of the posts. Short listed candidates, could be expected to complete management competency assessments.
The Astral Group has partnered with Careers IT and wishes to train approximately 200 school leavers on an accredited full qualification focused on marketing in a Contact Centre environment.
Marketing Learnership (NQF Level 4)
Only applicants from the Durban and surrounding area will be considered
The Astral Group comprises a dynamic group of companies that specializes in Property development, Information Technology and Lifestyle Services.
Careers IT is a training organization accredited by MICT, Services SETA and LG SETA and has been developing people skills since 1994. Careers IT provides a comprehensive range of Business Skills and IT training that has been designed to enhance the productivity, efficiency and workplace placement of trainees.
- The Astral Group has partnered with Careers IT and wishes to train approximately 200 school leavers on an accredited full qualification focused on marketing in a Contact Centre environment
- Candidates that successfully complete the program will receive a Further Education & Training Certificate in Marketing: NQF Level 4
- Candidates that enter the Accelerated Training and Workplace Placement Program will be fully funded by the Astral Group for the duration of the program
- The Accelerated Training and Workplace Placement Program consists of theory and practical application of skills in the workplace
- Candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R2500 for every successful month completed in the program
- Candidates that complete the program successfully will be guaranteed placement within the Astral Group of companies
The following qualification is offered:
Further Education & Training Certificate: Marketing
- SAQA ID 67464
- NQF Level 4
- Credits: 139
- Duration: 1 year
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Work and comply with organisational ethics, concepts and cultures
- The importance of team work and communication with all relevant stakeholders is demonstrated in order to meet marketing requirements and objectives
- The principles of marketing are demonstrated and related to the needs of various stakeholders
- Marketing activities and rules are described and discussed related to the impact of non-compliance
- Meet marketing objectives with available resources
- Decisions to select and utilise resources are made and the appropriate expertise is used
- The legal and ethical requirements in marketing are described and discussed related to non-compliance
- Position and promote products to meet customer’s needs
- Identified customers are given the correct information (features, advantages, benefits) to enable them to make informed buying decisions
- Promotions, which deal with either brand, product or service are dealt with in accordance with the expected outcomes of a range of existing promotional opportunities
- The importance and specific place of product positioning in Marketing is explained with examples
- The importance and specific place of target markets in Marketing is explained with examples, by demonstrating an all rounded understanding of its importance and place in the Marketing
- Maintain internal and external customer satisfaction levels
- The importance of understanding the needs of internal and external stakeholders, as well as the importance of marketing as a profession is explained in relation to the processes of marketing
- Customers are identified and constructive relationships are ensured by ongoing liaison
- Appropriate methods, techniques and principles of dealing with customers and clients are applied to ensure that all stakeholders are informed up to acceptable levels
- Apply aspects of marketing
- The definition and application of marketing is explained in terms of international definitions and trends
- Standard practices and processes within the selected marketing discipline are performed in an integrated way to other disciplines of Marketing
SALARY : R152 862 per annum, (Level 05)
CENTRE : Head Office (Pretoria) REF NO: 221217/04 A
NWRI Central Operation (Pretoria) REF NO: 221217/04 B
REQUIREMENTS : A Grade 12 and Certificate in Secretariat Services. One (1) to (2) two years
experience in secretarial duties and/or general administration. Knowledge of
administrative procedures. Knowledge in secretarial duties, computer literacy,
sound organisational skills. Good people skills. High level of reliability. Sound
written and verbal communication skills. Ability to act with tact and discretion.
Basic Knowledge of dispute resolution process. Understanding of Social and
Economic development issues. Basic Financial Management and knowledge
of PFMA. Client orientation and customer focus. Accountability and Ethical
DUTIES : Provides secretarial / receptionist and clerical support service to The manager.
Receives telephone calls and messages for the manager and channels calls
to relevant role players if needs be. Manages and coordinates the diary of the
manager by recording appointments and events. Do all required typing in the
office of the manager. Operates office equipment like fax machines and
photocopies. Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements and
other logistics. Coordinate and arrange all meetings and events for the office
of the manager. Collects all relevant documents and information to enable the
manager to prepare for meetings. Records minutes of the meetings of the
manager when required. Process all travel and subsistence claims and all
invoices that emanate from the activities of the work of the manager. Drafts
routine correspondence and reports and administers matters like leave
registers and telephone accounts. Receives, records and distributes all
incoming and outgoing documents. Handles the procurement of standard
items like stationery, refreshments etc. Remains up to date with regard to
prescripts / policies and procedures applicable to her / his work terrain to
ensure efficient and effective support to the manager. Studies relevant Public
Service and Departmental prescripts / policies and other documents to ensure
that the application thereof is understood properly. Remains abreast with
procedures and processes that apply in the office of the manager. Perform any
other relevant function.
ENQUIRIES : Mr V Mfomande, Tel, 012 336 8667 Head Office (Pretoria)
Ms N Ndumo, Tel 012 741 7340 NWRI Central Operation (Pretoria)