Closing Date: 15 November 2017
Duration: Academic year, could be extended based on academic performance
Note: Females Only
The Golelo Trust aims to advance the education and economic development of Black women in South Africa by providing educational bursaries for the study of mechanical engineering at tertiary level. Bursaries will be awarded to Black Women students with proven academic performance and personal circumstances deserving of support.Applications for bursaries will considered for study at any accredited South African university or university of technology offering degrees or technical diplomas in mechanical engineering in the Gauteng Province.Bursaries are provided from the second year of an undergraduate degree or diploma.
The bursary includes:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Book fees
- Residence fees
- Monthly cash allowance for meals/ transport/ miscellaneous study expenses.
- Applicants must be Black (African, Indian, Coloured) Female South African citizens with a valid ID number.
- Applicants should be deserving of financial assistance and not be in receipt of any other bursaries.
- Applicants should have successfully completed their first year of academic studies*.
- Applicants invited to attend an interview must be willing to undergo psychometric testing.
* The bursary will be awarded subject to the condition that the candidate’s end of year results of the first year do not differ substantially from the results presented during the application process.
Golelo Trust reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a bursary if the results are substantially weaker than the academic performance presented during the application process.
How To Apply
To apply for a bursary, please complete the attached application form and submit to email@example.com
Please be advised that specific terms and conditions will apply and that the successful applicant will be required to enter into a formal contract with Golelo Trust.
Golelo Trust Bursary Applications
Bursary applications for academic year 2018 are now open and the closing date is 31st October 2017. There is Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
Application forms will be available for downloads at the bottom and for completion by the applicant.
For more information about the Undergraduate Bursaries please view the brochure below.
Armscor is offering Postgraduate bursaries for suitably qualified South African students who are registered full time for Honours, Masters or Doctoral level.
Fields of Study which are supported are:
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Naval/Marine Engineering
- Computer Science
- Human Movement Sciences
The postgraduate bursary covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals
- Prescribed books
- In addition, our bursary-holders may apply for funding which can be used to attend local conferences, workshops, and a visit to a laboratory or any other activity that supports the beneficiaries’ current research progression
- Candidates must have an interest in working in the South African Defence Industry
- Good academic record
- Candidates must be registered or intending to register at a SA public university.
- Candidate must be a South African citizen
Postgraduates call is open ended therefore applications are accepted anytime during the course of the academic year, however, this depends on budget availability.
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to BURSARY APPLICATION FORM
Click Here to POSTGRADUATE BURSARY APPLICATION
Click Here to BURSARY DOCUMENT
Click Here to BURSARY ADVERTISING CONTENT
TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Recent graduates with Engineering and Science related qualifications are advised to forward applications to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is advisable that potential candidates should first check advertised opportunities available for this programme on the website at: www.armscor.co.za
All queries related to the above mentioned opportunities can be directed to Mr. Obakeng Montsho on 012 428 2444 or Mr. Tiyani Mavunda on 012 428 2450.