We are looking for a resilient and efficient individual, with a high energy level and a compelling sense of urgency, to provide key administrative/office support to the Managing Director.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to multi-task and effectively manage, organize and influence stakeholders internally and externally at all levels.
• A Matric certificate or equivalent qualification
• A relevant qualification e.g. secretarial/ personal assistant/ office administration would be beneficial
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO:
• has good coordinating skills
• Is Proactive and able to work independently
• Is able to plan ahead and spot potential areas where help may be needed
• has basic numerical skills, together with the ability to complete numerical reports/budgets accurately (as and when required)
• is able to present themselves and the company in a professional manner
• Is able to act as the main contact point for all matters relating to the Director.
• has a strong service orientation
• has excellent relationship-building and networking skills
• is able to communicate effectively at all levels both within, as well as outside the company
• is able to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
• has excellent time management, planning and organizing skills
• has a strong “sense of urgency” with regards to everything they do
• is accurate, pays attention to detail and is reliable in meeting set deadlines
• is able to consistently deal with telephone calls, requests and interruptions with the highest degree of efficiency and professionalism
• is able to manage confidential information with utmost discretion
• is able to be innovative and show initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Sound knowledge and experience in managing an Executive’s diary is an important requirement
• A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar role
• Proficiency in all the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
Key Responsibilities • Managing calendars/diary including the annual company calendar.
• Providing a confidential and comprehensive administrative/office support service
• Dealing with and responding to correspondence and telephonic queries
• Taking and distributing minutes and monitoring progress feedback.
• Effectively executing financial administration and the services function through budget set up and expense control.
• Organizing functions/meetings and appointments etc.
• Compiling and distributing reports and/or presentations.
• Timeous and effective organization of travel, local and international.
• Filing and record keeping
HOW TO APPLY